Using Azure Stack to deploy .NET application & Oracle Database 12c
A Leading Utility service provider wanted to deploy a .NET application and Oracle 12c on private data center, to overcome challenges involving security, latency & performance. As Oracle Database 12c is a cloud version and can only be deployed as a cloud database; Azure Stack was the best option.
How to leverage Azure Stack to deploy .NET application and Oracle 12c
- Build an Azure Stack integrated systems into the datacenter
- Use the cloud computing model for Azure IaaS services
- Deploy Virtual Machine Scale Sets
- Deploy .NET application on a VM
- Deploy Oracle 12C database on another VM
- Consistent DevOps practices for Azure and Azure Stack
The below image provides a simplified view of the Azure Stack Product Architecture.
Why the customer wanted Azure Stack for deploying .Net Application and Oracle 12c
- Your own piece of public Azure in a box, with dedicated performance and security under your control.
- Ability to purchase Azure Stack-as-a-Service (Capex vs Opex) with predictable monthly costs based on usage.
- Ability to choose for a dedicated Azure Stack infrastructure, your own secure Azure environment without any other tenants.
- The network is local to you, no fee for network traffic, low latency, great performance.
- Use Express Route (after GA) for a dedicated high-performance and secure connection to Azure, traffic doesn’t go through the Internet.
- Hyper-Scale to Azure when you need more capacity in case of an event. Only pay for the resources used, no capital costs.
- Cross premises and stack to stack connectivity with site-to-site VPN.