7 Benefits of Azure Web Apps in developing Enterprise Apps rapidly
Cloud computing simply means the delivery of computing services like servers, databases, software, networking, storage, analytics over the cloud. Cloud providers like Microsoft offer these computing services and typically charge based on the consumption like your water or telephone bill. From small startups to global companies, non-profits to government agencies – a variety of organizations are already embracing this cloud technology for various reasons. Creating new apps and services, hosting blogs and websites, storing data, back up and data recovery, and delivering software on demand are few things that we can do with the cloud like Microsoft Azure.
Azure cloud offers software as a service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a service (IaaS). These platforms provide multiple integrated cloud services, bundled suites and features including different programming languages, tools, and structures to help enterprises in their cloud journey.
Azure App Service, one of the Azure products, is a fully managed Platform as a Service (PaaS) that provides all the tools and services needed to create reliable and scalable mission-critical Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API Apps, and Logic Apps in a single instance. One of its components, Azure Web Apps is a fully managed service that helps to develop and deploy enterprise-ready web applications. It provides powerful capabilities such as built-in development operations, continuous integration with Visual Studio Online and GitHub, staging and production support, and automatic patching for Azure developers to quick create web applications. It also enables integration with on-premises or other cloud systems.
Azure developers of top Microsoft Azure partners can help Enterprises leverage Azure Web Apps and build enterprise-ready apps quickly, accelerating time-to-market. Azure Web Apps Service offer numerous benefits which includes the following:
- Highly-secure web apps development: Azure Web Apps helps to deliver enterprise-level SLA by providing PCI security standards, SOC2 accounting standards, and ISO information security standards to use.
- Multilingual and versatile framework: The Web App Service provides unique support for ASP.NET, Node.js, Java, PHP and Python. Scripts or executables on App Service can also be run on VMs.
- Global Scale with high availability: Apps can be hosted anywhere manually or automatically on Microsoft’s global datacenter infrastructure. App Service provides high availability with of 99.5% SLA uptime.
- Improved developer productivity with Application Templates: There is an extensive list of application templates available in Azure Marketplace that can be used as a wizard to install popular open-source software.
- Visual Studio Integration: Visual Studio streamlines the work of creating, deploying, and debugging with the dedicated available tools.
- Quick analytics and actionable insights: The platform provides a detailed view of application health and performance to make right decisions for business improvement. It also provides deep insights into app’s response times CPU & memory utilization, throughput and error trends.
- Secure integration with other SaaS apps: Thousands of available cloud SaaS applications such as Dropbox, Concur, Salesforce, and Office 365 can easily be integrated with the apps developed using Azure Web Apps service.
Azure Web Apps offer automate provisioning and deployment services along with staging and production deployment slots and a rich SDK to enable service automation. Web applications developed using the Web Apps Service possess auto-scaling and traffic management capabilities delivering high-performance, user experience with minimal downtime and zero data loss.
Companies running Web Apps on Azure today, include various organizations from industries like Energy & Utilities, Logistics, Manufacturing, Government, etc. One of our customers in the US is experiencing the power of Azure to save billions of gallons of water every year with a Cloud-based Metering & Smart Analytics system hosted on Azure.