Practice Manager – Business Development
Location: Pune (India)
This role at Saviant is a Sales leadership role, that needs Entrepreneurial mindset to achieve success. BD Practice Manager is responsible for achieving Saviant’s new customer acquisition goals, aligned with the long-term revenue & value direction.
It is a Business Development role, that includes driving Sales Closures, translating incoming leads into customers, with cross-teams collaboration with marketing, presales, delivery & operations. In parallel, it involves growing your preferred BD channel into an independent practice, with your own channel team.
Individuals in this role will work closely with the CEO & Business Unit leaders, with direct responsibilities of establishing Customer Acquisition, Sales channel development, positioning Saviant offerings as per customer segments, nurturing opportunities towards mutual value-generation, and closing deals aligned with long-term business priorities.
Success in this role comes with a roadmap towards becoming a “Director- Business Development”, defining & owning the goals of an independent business unit, with your own team.
*This role is not a Lead-generation role.
Here is what this position demands:
- Educational Qualification: MBA from a reputed institute
- Post-MBA, minimum 5 years of overall working experience in a Sales & Presales roles in a similar IT services environment
- Proven track record of at least 2 years of Consultative selling & New revenue acquisition, for Enterprise customers in US & Europe
- Fair understanding of Emerging Technologies, like Cloud, Mobile, Analytics – to initiate the right conversations with CTOs and CIOs
- Ability to engage business and technology decision makers at Directors, VPs & CXO levels
- Strong Persuasion & communication skills – spoken, written and overall presentation
Who Should Apply?
- You have Closed at least US$ 1Mn in annual revenues in your last FY in IT services & technology consulting for US & Europe.
- You have consistently achieved Customer Acquisition & Revenue goals in your Sales & Presales roles in last 3-years.
- You have majority of your selling experience in the US market, while being based out of India, with business travel as needed.