Want to become a Data-driven organization using Tableau? - Here's how
Have you ever wondered what makes businesses successful in the long run?
Well, it's their ability to make better sense of data and leverage it to make critical business decisions.
Data is at the core of every business out there. However, not all businesses take advantage of the data that they capture. Any organization that is not making a data-driven approach is less likely to acquire customers, improve workforce efficiency, and eventually become profitable.
The McKinsey survey reveals that a data-driven approach can result in 23-times better customer acquisition, 6.5-times better customer retention, and 9-times better customer loyalty.
As a business, it is essential to become a data-driven organization. In this article, we will explore the ways on how to become one using Tableau.
Tableau and its significance
Tableau is a popular business intelligence tool that lets organizations visualize and understand data. It converts raw data into an understandable format. With Tableau, you can do meaningful data analysis by visualizing data in the form of worksheets and dashboards.
Using Tableau, businesses can do real-time analysis, data blending, and data collaboration. Also, you do not need to know to have any technical skills to operate and use Tableau.
Making use of Business Intelligence platform
Most organizations, like you, may not begin with a clean slate. It’s more likely that you will find several ways of consuming or distributing data. Your data analysts may create reports for your teams, or you may be using various business intelligence tools and platforms. You may also find pockets of data resided in different data sources and is increasingly growing over time. However, you need to strategize on how to utilize such data to make your organization a data-driven one.
Below is the key four-step repeatable process to become a data-driven company:
- Step 1 – Discovery phase: In this step, the business should focus on information gathering from their stakeholders, customers, business or workforce. This also involves you to get ready with the questions to ask, what plans to make, and create the next steps as well.
- Step 2 – Governing phase: Next, they need to define roles and controls for the repeatable process. This step will also ensure that the right content and data are available to the right audience.
- Step 3 – Deploying phase: In this step, another repeatable interactive process is defined where an organization needs to configure the software, educate its users, and then enable communication.
- Step 4 – Evolving phase: The last repeatable step is to monitor the platform for user engagement, host engagement activities. Your teams should start leveraging it to improve the use of analytics and data within the organization.
You can also leverage the Tableau Blueprint, which helps in accelerating this repeatable process and implement Tableau for your organization. Our Tableau consulting teams are at forefront of building robust business intelligence solutions by using Tableau.
Other key steps to evolve as a Data-driven company
To really ensure that your business evolves as a data-driven organization, you need to follow some key steps.
- Make data the core of your growth: Data is everywhere, but it's your responsibility to take full control of it and harness it to your advantage. This will enable you to unlock new potential - giving you access to new markets and customers. The goal is to grow beyond current limitations by finding clues in the data itself.
- Establish a way to ensure trusted and governed data: Creating a foundation of trusted and governed data can have a long-lasting impact on business processes.
- Improve data literacy among employees: By improving the data literacy among employees, you can create a data-centric company. It is essential to take a top-down approach while educating the employees
- Make data accessible to all: Last but not least, your business should make data accessible for all.
As a business, you should start transforming your organization right away using data. Also, it is never late to start. Let Tableau consulting team who expertise in building data analytics & business intelligence solutions handle your complex problems around data, while you stay focused on business growth.